Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Monday, June 6, 2011

Things I've Learned


* The grossness of boys is more apparent to the tired mother. I think the gross things my boys do wasn't usually an annoyance to me..... now I find when a little boy asks to smell my breath or eats his brother's booger extremely offensive!

*This also holds true for the loudness of boys.... I seem to notice the volume more if I'm sleep deprived!

*Little girls are different! Eliza totally freaks out if she is scratched accidentally by my finger or if I attempt to get something out of her nose or ear - a different level than the boys did!

*That the postpartum visit is partially there to make the new mother stop eating cookies - hence the reason they put you on a scale 3.5 weeks after giving birth.....

*That Sam has some incredibly funny and defiant moments. As he was attempting to put crayons up his nose I explained that the doctor would have to cut his nose open to get it out.... this was my attempt to stop him (which my husband later revealed to me as a boy this might make it more appealing). He then started putting it in his eye and told me it was his i-phone.

*Sam also told me as I threatened him with discipline upon his repeated defiance that if I punished him God would come down and take him to heaven..... at this point I break down in tears (as two other children are crying in the background) and say I'd like to go to heaven too. At that moment I realized my hormones were still not quite back to normal. But on the up side.... it was the first time Sam felt sorry for me and choose to obey (while saying, "don't cry mama.")!

*I also see how very much the boys love their sister. They are always nuzzling, kissing, touching, patting, or generally loving on her. Everyone we meet is told about our new baby whose name is Eliza (or wiza from sam). Sam often tells them she is his baby and that she came out of his belly.... or while doing some form of belly dance that there is a baby in his belly that is moving.

2 comments:

Beth said...

so sweet. court, i'm praying for you! hang in there, those hormones will even out soon. :)

Jenny said...

So glad you're recording some of the ups and downs from the first few weeks! One day soon they'll ALL by funny!