Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Friday, December 9, 2011

Gingerbread Houses Part II

Ever since we went to see the gingerbread houses at the Grove Park, my boys have wanted to make their own. I was a little nervous about the proposition knowing it takes forever to make the ginger bread, glue like icing, and not to mention they would not be able to make something that seemed worth my time in prep. But when I was at ALDI I found a kit for $5.99 which included gingerbread, icing, candy, and a stabilizing tray! I was all in.

Sam helped me put together the houses while Steven was our photographer. These are by far the best two pictures he took.
After "naptime" we got busy decorating. It was a perfect afternoon activity for our rainy week. I will say Sam's ended up being a bit better because he let me put the icing on for him (for a lot of it) while Steven "is good at building lego houses." Which OBVIOUSLY transfers to tubing icing and candy on a gingerbread house. I was very impressed with the kit. It held up really well and the boys loved it!



Picture taken by Sam

Picture taken by Steven


Picture taken by Mama


Totally doing the kit again next year. When we are skilled enough to enter it into the competition at Grove Park, we'll go from scratch. But for now.... kit all the way.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I was wondering about you making the gingerbread--wow! Smart move on the kit. I can't find them that cheap here so we go the next best route: graham crackers. Love it. Might be doing that tomorrow!

Beth

Jenny said...

That kit really is great! We're going to have to do this next year!

Jan said...

Oh yeah, kits all the way! We did Gingerbread Men kits from Trader Joe's yesterday.