Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's Christmas Time Again! Hip Hip Hooray!

Santa will be flying on his Christmas Sleigh (a favorite quote from a silly album we listen to).  And not just that.... after 9 years I finally won a marital battle!  Exterior lighting!!!  My husband lived with a lie deep within his heart that all exterior Christmas lighting bordered on tacky.  I can only assume this comes from his unenlightened upbringing.  None the less, today I proved him wrong!
 
This year I started a new tradition of making my own garland for our railing.  We used to do this at a church we attended long ago so I decided to try it for myself!  A stomach virus forced us to have many afternoons at home, and alas... a new tradition!  We think it looks very classy!  And since we live on a low-traffic road and few people will see the garlands, I decided to post the pictures here!  Well, that and my mother requested it.



Steven putting up a piece in our creche

Eliza putting up her first piece!

Sam...being Sam.



Merry Christmas to all!  Hope you have enjoyed putting up your Christmas stuff too!

My  current favorite quote comes from Sam.  When we were watching the fire he says, "Momma, I heard a song about when Santa was a baby."  At first I thought he meant Jesus.... then it dawned on me.  Nope, he means Eartha Kitts 1953 hit where she's wearing a white boa and singing to "Santa Baby" for a million materialistic things.  Nice.  Christmas spirit, right?

No comments: