Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Upward Soccer

Steven and I got roped into coaching two different soccer teams.  The great thing about the league is that everyone has very low expectations.  The environment isn't very competitive and it's super encouraging for the kids.  I am coaching the 4 year olds.... it's HYSTERICAL.  The thing that has been the hardest has been getting them to follow directions.  This includes instructions like,  "Don't wrestle, don't hug, don't touch other players during the game or practice!"   

The picture below happened as I was trying to line them up for a picture.  It happens all the time.  I mean.... ball goes out of bounds, 4 boy pile up.  Ball in the  middle of the field, tackle other members of the other team for fun.  And when one goes down, the rest pile on.  The more comfortable they have become with one another, the more it has happened.  Last practice I made a deal with them that if they didn't tackle all practice they could tackle me at the end.  This was their favorite part.... the whole team chasing after me with smiles on their faces until I let them catch me and piling on top.  All 6 kids on top of me and all of us laughing.  I actually really like these kids.


The closest we got to a team picture.  Except my son is threatening another playing.

I look down and notice.....

The correction.

continued correction.

not so remorseful.

Everyone say we love soccer!

Never did end up with a "good" group photo.  Oh well.  It sure is a good example of our team!

3 comments:

Katie said...

You are so funny, Courtney! Hope we see you this fall!!

Spencer and Emily said...

what a great train of pictures...priceless!

Kathleen Acker said...

I love how the little girl is just smiling through punishment time! These will be so fantastic when he's like 18. Too funny!!