Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Being your own architect

The hard part about doing anything yourself is that you inevitably look at it daily and see all of the flaws. The things that no one else would ever notice but stand out like a glaring mistake to you....well being your family's hair cutter seems to be no different. All year in New York I cut my husband's hair and I found I had the tendency to keep cutting hours after we were done. I would see an annoying spot and sneak up with scissors. Luckily my husband is loving, forgiving, and a good balance for my personality....he would eventually say, "Courtney, Stop! You're not allowed to cut anymore, you're neurotic." Well I found this same tendency with my son. It started as a little trim....then I did a bit more....I think I ended up cutting four different times. But unlike his father, he lacks the ability to say "Stop being neurotic, mom!" So what started as a trim ends up being a buzz cut before you know it. Luckily my husband (being my balance) made me promise not to touch my son's hair anymore. I honestly should have stopped at the third....because it was at the fourth that I realized a sad truth. This whole time as my son has started walking I was happily telling everyone he had thinned out! I reported with excitement that it looked like he was slimming down. Unfortunately the sad truth was that his hair was just getting longer. Now he is back to his same old chubby self-which is evident by the new school boy haircut.

1 comment:

The Cornwalls said...

It looks very cute!!
No more "what a pretty girl" in his future!!
I love you!
Tiff