Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Monday, March 2, 2009

A Reminder of the City

Well, we finally got a good snow here in Asheville. It has been coming for 6 years! It feels very similar to a snow we got in New York last year (you have to scan down to the second post) about the same time. But last year Steven Edward was so young he couldn't do too much so I ended up playing with my friend's kids in the snow. I sledded and built snowmen with the Dube's (who now live where snow is abundant and I'm sure are quite tired of it) who very much enjoyed my snow excitement. This year it was fun to do the same with my own son. He did not want to touch it, but he enjoyed walking in it and sledding with his daddy.

The snow started yesterday at around noon, and we were even able to get out in it and build a snowman last night!






Here is the snowman as of this morning. Poor guy....



Here are some pictures of our outing...Steven Edward only lasted about 15-20 minutes in the 20 degree windy weather. He was quite happy to get back inside to a fire and his toys! I decided the best age for snow must be between about 8 and 20! These little guys aren't up for the cold.








1 comment:

Beth said...

Love those pictures! The scenery ones are really beautiful. Nice job!

So glad you all finally got a good snow! I remember Emma's first snow. She wasn't crazy about it, either. And, yes, we are up to our ears in snow and I'm happy to see it melting in these 50 degree days we've had :)

love you!