Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Two-ness


This weekend Steven's parents were able to come in town because his mom was speaking at a woman's retreat here for a local church. I was able to have my first girls' day out! The retreat was on the grounds of the Biltmore House, and I was able to have a wonderful morning of great speaking, good fellowship, and a great lunch. I even came home to two happy little boys (one who took a bottle really easily for the first time!)....well actually steven edward was grumpy but overall the day was a success. Steven was even able to do several jobs around the house with his dad! (One of which was assembling a crib for Sam because he had outgrown the weight limit of the bassinet feature of the pack and play by almost 5 pounds and the matress part was actually bending!) It was a freeing feeling to be able to leave all the boys and just have a morning out. Steven and I plan to spend a night away in April.....baby steps.


So now that Steven Edward is actually talking, I have some fun toddler stories to tell! To adopt a phrase from my sister we will call them Steven-isms

* On Friday we went to the nature center to look at the animals. He was walking up the path and just stopped suddenly, clasped his hands together and said "pray." He mumbled some words and then said "AMEN!" and started running down the path again. So random.

*This week he ran to the pantry and pointed to a coke can and said, "mama's juice," then pointed to the apple juice bottle and said, "jen jens juice" (Jen jen is how he referrs to himself.)

*And then tonight when I was putting him to bed, after reading two other books, he pointed at the Bible story book and said...."jesus, God." It made me smile.

He also knows almost all his colors and has started in on his letters. It is amazing that one day they just can tell you things! Today he started pointed out letters he knew amongst the alphabet magnets on the fridge. He also is very into the two-year old possession of things. Everything is "mines." I suppose the extra "s" comes from Mama's and Dada's. He is also all over the.... my do it....or no do dat. Welcome to twoness....we have arrived. Yesterday when forced to leave the Thomas the train table at Books-A-Million....he screamed and kicked so hard that I literally had to drape his waist over my shoulder while holding his feet to get him out of the store. This was just after the throwing himself on the ground screaming...........nice. Thank you Courtney for saying, "My child will never do that." Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yep. Those are every mom's famous last words. I've had to eat them so many times my tummy hurts!