Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Asheville Citzen Times Half Marathon

In April 2006 I ran a half marathon in Charlotte with a friend. I'm not sure I'd have made it without her support. It was one of the hardest things I'd ever done and I swore I would never do that again. Well..... never say never.

My goal after having my boys was to have at least one race season where I was in shape enough to actually run races. This season so far, I've run 6..... 3 5ks, 2 mudruns, and as of today... a half marathon (13.1 miles).


The course is/was ridiculous. I know I live in Asheville, but there have to be easier places to run 13.1 miles. According to their own website, "the Southeast's most scenic and challenging run, voted as one of the top best half marathons in the Southeast by Blue Ridge Outdoors magazine" Either way...... it was incredibly hilly and I was running with a friend who had never run one before. My goal was to be a support to her (like a good friend was to me 4 years ago), to help her finish, to run the entire thing (no walking on hills! yea!), and to finish. We did all those things with flying colors. And even though this half was post baby, higher altitude, and incredibly hilly, we only finished about 13 minutes slower than my first!






We had an AMAZING fan club. I had friends and family cheering me all along the course. It made for such a fun day and was a huge testimony to how much they love me! Thanks for your support guys!

4 comments:

Beth said...

You rock.!

The Cornwalls said...

YAY! way to go!!

Jenny said...

So proud of you! Way to go!

Beth and Chris Maslin said...

So proud of you, Courtney! What a beautiful day for a run.