Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shower of Ruffles and Lace

Once again, this is going to be a post bragging on how blessed I've been! Some of my friends threw me a small shower at my house last weekend. They had planned it long before I went on bed rest, and they decided to bring it to me. China, silver, chicken salad, pink, and lace. It was so much fun and was such a blessing to me emotionally. One of the harder parts of being on bed rest for me (being as outgoing as I am) has been the lack of social interaction. This was a day where I felt almost normal (other than that the group picture is surrounding a sitting mother)! It was so much fun and I think they even enjoyed it, as the husbands were all at home with the kids and we all had a chance to eat on fine china. Thanks guys.












Her first tutu!


My friend Hannah is incredibly talented and she painted canvases to match the quilt I picked out for our girl several months ago. I didn't actually get the baby quilt; I got the twin quilt so that I can drape it over my rocking chair and she can use it when she moves into a "big girl bed." Therefore I asked Hannah to create me something I could put on the wall around the crib to tie in the theme. She went above and beyond! They are AMAZING! We spent at least 15 minutes of the shower trying to convince her that she should start her own business! On the floor you can see the pillow sham and the quilt that I picked out and resting against the hearth, you can see the set of four canvases she created to match it. It looks like I ordered them straight out of the catalog! Thanks Hannah!

2 comments:

Beth said...

so glad you could have this special day! Those canvases are beautiful, you all are right--she should def start her own shop....I'm thinking Etsy!

Jenny said...

Of course we enjoyed it! What an awesome opportunity to celebrate YOU and this precious baby girl! Thanks for serving as a shining example of friendship and love.(Can't wait to see her in that tutu!)