Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Steven Turns 4!

Today was Steven's 4th Birthday. I know every mother says this in these situations... but I seriously can't believe that he is 4.

We have decided to have parties only on alternating years, so this year was our family birthday celebration. We tossed out lots of different ideas and options, but based on our current circumstances we stayed close to home for the day. Daddy spent the day creating homemade activities that our boys thought were great.

We started with a homemade pin-the-tail on the donkey. Then the boys got to color our donkey!

After that we did some finger painting on the deck with our neighbor,

and we finished with a scavenger hunt around the living room.

After dinner we topped it all off with a cake a good friend made for Steven, modeled after Lightning McQueen (one of his FAVORITES!)




In case you were wondering about the "current circumstances," I have been on bedrest for about 2 weeks and will continue to be on the couch or bed until the end.... May 11th. So my dear husband chose to do birthday things that I could be a part of from a distance. Bedrest has had it's challenges, but we have been overwhelmed by the amount of love and support we've received. We have had lots food, someone to clean my house, and lots of support in helping with the boys during the day. It has been humbling, but an amazing way to see the provisions of God on a daily basis.


I have found lots of ways to be involved from the couch - reading, puzzles, games.



We would love your prayers for the health of our baby girl, that my body is a safe place for her to grow, and for the added stress on my husband and the boys as I have to watch from the couch. Thanks everyone for your love, support and prayers.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I am totally with you on the alternate year birthday parties. Lovely to watch your family grow. I'll be praying for the next weeks.