Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The First Day

Today is the first day of school for my big boy!  I can't believe it.  I have been waiting and anticipating this for 5 years.  We have done no form of pre-school, so this is going to be a big change for everyone.  Because he is a thinker, and loves being at home, I have been talking it up for over a year.  This came back to bite us both about a month ago.  I started to dread/worry, and hating transition, just wanted the day to come.  The past two weeks has been wrought with sadness on Mom's part, and suppressed stress on his part.  He has been having "tummy aches" for 2 weeks.  When I tried to tell him that I thought he was just nervous, he crumbled on the floor, and looking up at me said, "I just can't bear it, Momma."  That was almost a week ago.  Well, we made it through the week, and as surely as the sun rises.... today came.  Surprisingly, he woke up at 6am ready to go, beaming with excitement.  Even though last night was a sleepless one for me, today was made easier by his excitement.
 
This picture makes it look like Sam was unimpressed with his brother leaving.  And this was one of my biggest fears for him, as they are such good buddies.  Isn't it funny how that happens?  Our biggest fears and worries generally turn out to be nothing at all, or not even close to what we've created them to be in our minds.  Yet we go on worrying.  But Sam has actually handled being the center of attention surprisingly well!  He is super hyper this morning, is loving being read to, and is ready to head to the Health Adventure with our friends (which was our plan to keep us both busy).  I think he will adjust quite well to being the oldest at home. 

 The boys heading off to school together!  Some moms take their kids in a little late to hug, cry, and say goodbye, but Steven Edward told me he wanted his Daddy to do it.  So it made it easy on mom for sure.  No tears yet.
 Other than Eliza.... who was left behind to take the above picture.
 
Here is a picture of Steven with his teacher.  She is great and has made him feel super-welcome.  He has already drawn her a picture and it is already on her bulletin board.  He is in great hands at a great place where Daddy is just down the hall.  I suppose for a first Kindergarten experience, this is a pretty good one!  I'm praying for you, son.  I love you and the house is much quieter already. I suppose mom will adjust to that as well.





1 comment:

The McNabb's said...

Love these pictures and love you!