Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sam's 4!!

Sam is such a fun little boy.  I'm stuck between being amazed he is already 4, and surprised he isn't already 4.  I think that comes from being 1.5 yr. younger than Steven Edward.  He always seems older than he is, but when I stop and think about it I can't believe he is already 4!  He is such a mix of sweetness and explosion.  He has LOVED having this year home with mom and it has been a joy to get to know him in a different light.  He loves to be right beside me, but has the ability to play by himself and be content for hours.  We've given up naps and quiet time, and he has just become my little helper.  He helps in the lawn, he helps in the kitchen.... he helps all the time.  

Having a party for him brings out all his charming qualities.  He was thankful, not demanding, non-expectant, and full of joy.  After opening his gifts I told him to say he loved them, and he confused about the object of his affections (or maybe not so!).  He looked at his friend Ryan and said, "Ryan.... I love you SO much."  To which Ryan obviously replied, "I know."  Kids are so great!

We had an Indian Themed party.  We spent the first half making costumes and the second half competing in Indian Games that Daddy invented (Bow and Arrow, Toma-Hawk Throw, and Javelin Throw).  They competed for tootsie rolls.  That was motivation enough!

Making paper bag vest.  The making was great.... the wearing was a bit tedious. 


Capturing the art of the expensive face painter.  We were very disappointed that she didn't come as a clown.

Everyone pitched in at a station.   This is the head dress station.





Listening to instructions for out games.






Bow and Arrow contest

Javelin throw

The target - plastic cups on a wooden stand.
 Then obviously we headed inside for some cake!
Our Indian scene.


I love the joy on their faces when their name is added in the Birthday Song!




Opening Gifts

Then the next day we had a family celebration

Setting of the watch

I wasn't prepared for assembly to start so early or take so long!

My husband informed the children in a very fatherly tone.... that playmobils was the one place it was okay to follow directions.


Little boys are so much fun!

2 comments:

The McNabb's said...

Babs, I am impressed! What an amazing little boy and what a fun party idea!

Beth said...

Such a cutie! Cannot believe that he's 4. I think you're right about the age thing. I always forget Owen isn't a year older, simply because I've done that age with E. Weird, but true. Happy birthday to Sam!