Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Friday, August 29, 2014

Sweet Home....

We have ventured out into our city and found great things.  This morning we had a field trip to the zoo.  It's a great zoo!  They had all the major animals, and the exhibits were easy to see.  I must admit, that our field trip was prompted by mom getting over a fever and not having the patience to work through all our subjects this morning.  We are also eagerly awaiting my parents arrival and it kept us occupied.  We were pleased to find lots of circles in which to stick our heads.


 Their primate exhibit was awesome.  There were so many different monkeys, lemurs etc., including a gorilla with a pacemaker!
They also had this a lorikeet exhibit where you could walk into their habitat.  Steven and I both got to let one rest on us!


This animal rode in the stroller the whole time.


If you paid $3, you could feed the giraffe lettuce, but we didn't do this.

 We also have made some friends through church and our home school group.  We have been to 2 birthday parties!  This one reminded me of a similar party we attended when I was pregnant with Sam....we had just gotten back from NYC and were working back into our new lives.  Our good friends invited us to their son's 4 year old party.  I had to take pictures imagining that 3 years from now I would remember this party that way.




Drive fast Nanna and Poppy!

We have also found amazing libraries (overwhelming they are so huge) that will be a great resource for us as we school, and a 4 level Science Center!  We haven't ventured out the Botanical Gardens yet, but I am sure we will!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love seeing your children so happy! Thank you for sharing this new place with us!!!

Spencer and Emily said...

sounds great Courtney. I'm glad you've already got some friends to play with...that sure makes a difference!