Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gas Frenzy

Today I was driving to the doctor (shocker right?) and ran into a traffic jam. It seems the traffic was stopped for two lights. I waited, expecting an accident....but as I inched forward I realized it was no accident; it was a gas station. People were lined up 15-30 cars deep on the road in 3 directions waiting to turn into the station and there were 3 cops there patrolling the situation. Craziness? I suppose our culture is not used to not getting what it wants when it wants it! This has brought the worst out in people. In fact I have heard that at one station a man got a baseball bat out of his car in a fight. And people aren't just getting a little and letting others have some too. People are topping off whenever they can because they are scared they will never see gas at normal supply again (even though our news sources say it should be back to normal within a week). Luckily I was able to fill up on Sunday when the wait was only 5 cars deep and it still took about 30 minutes. I pity the person who is almost on empty now. On my drive home this was the only station out of the 8 I passed that had any gas at all. And tonight when my husband went out to get ice cream for the non-craving pregnant wife, he said the line was a mile long down the road just turning into the station. The news says it may be a couple weeks before this is over! What the heck!

On a lighter note-here is a funny picture of my son before we went to church on Sunday. He has gotten into putting this hat on his head and now thinks drinking water out of this baby bottle that he found is hilarious. Oh, the phases we go through with a 1.5 yr old!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Nice sweater, Buddy!!

beth

Jan said...

Hadn't heard about the gas thing! I hope everything returns to normal soon. SE looks like a hip-hop rapper. :)