Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Surprise Shower


What an amazing network of friends God has blessed me with here in Asheville. Today one of my good friends invited me to lunch with her at a tea room. I actually haven't been out to dinner but once since we moved back and was SOOO excited to have the opportunity to spend time with her without kids. Not to mention I had been looking forward to going to the tea room , though I couldn't see any reason anytime soon to be extravagent, so I was hoping for it in February for my birthday. She made sure to tell my husband that since we were going to a tea house I must be "cute." Not knowing exactly the definition of "cute," I dialogued with my husband and he said I should wear my fun brown skirt (I thought to myself....that is really the only pregnancy skirt I have), I should curl my hair, and maybe wear makeup. Seeing as I spend most of my life with a pony tail I was happy to have a reason to dress nice. She came to pick me up and off we went. When we were walking around the corner a whole group of my friends walks out from the side of the restaraunt and I absolutly couldn't believe it! It was such a blessing to me and made me feel so special. We spent 2 hours chatting without our children while our husbands watched them. I actually had 6 glasses of tea (although they were in teeny tiny china cups so....it's totally excusable. We'll disregard the fact that I put a sugar cube in each cup!), cute little sandwiches, and scones with lemon curd. It was such a fun afternoon and when I got home I couldn't stop smiling. Thanks guys-you are truly a blessing to me and I love you all. It may have helped that Carolina won their football game too....it's about time we had a football team!





There were other cameras but I didn't bring mine since obviously I didn't know it was happening! I will post another post once I get more.

2 comments:

The Cornwalls said...

yea! sounds like fun!
i love you!

Beth said...

That is so, SO fun! Bless your precious friends. But, I have to admit, there's a part of me that's just a teeny bit jealous that I wasn't able to be there :) I love you!

beth