Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The reason cookies exist....

I had planned to stop eating as many sweets after the Superbowl. I'm going to run a 5k in may...and am on track to get back in shape. This was going to be one of my steps. But this afternoon shed much light on my theory...........

My eldest is screaming in his crib (thank goodness we're not in a "big boy bed" yet) and has been for an hour....i just changed my clothes (and Sam's) for the third time today....... and the lingering stench of spit up still hangs over my shoulders in the air. After I put Sam down and he was screaming too, I happily walked to the pantry and snagged not one, not two, but three oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I sat down on the couch to have a bit of heaven while I turned off both monitors....and the boys cry. Without cookies....... let's not think about it. Thank goodness for electricity, by which i can make my lattes and my cookies.

Here is a fun picture from when my mom was in town this past weekend. We had a great time of just being together. We had lots of fun food and even made it to the Health Adventure so Steven Edward could play. We used her camera for most of the outings...but I managed to snag this cute one of her reading to them both. As you see....Sam is catching Steven Edward in size. What a chunk to lug around!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Ah, friend. Such is your life for the next few years. And, yes, thank goodness SE's not in a big boy bed yet!!! You just hang onto that crib-time as long as you can. I'll call you soon.

love,

Erin Hall said...

You are awesome.