Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Monday, May 4, 2009

What I'm NOT good at

Blood. This is incredibly pertinent as I am raising two little boys. Evidently boys fall and boys get hurt - especially ones that have as little fear as mine do. I mean....Steven won't jump off of a steep incline, but he will come so close to the edge that you think he may fall off of it.

Why are you writing this, Courtney? Because my two year old son has been to the doctor or hospital twice in his two years for some type of laceration. In December, you may remember, he had to get staples in his head because of a fall that happened on Steven's parent's deck....and then today, as I was chasing him, he fell and cut his chin and had it glued back together by his pediatrician.

What have I taken from this incident? I'm okay with a small cut , but when I can see it separate into a cavern...and look like a second smaller mouth....yea...not so okay with that. I became light-headed, weak in the knees, and had to call my husband home from work to help me take him to the doctor. Ridiculous. I used to think of myself as tough. An athlete! A tough girl! Getting weak at the sight of blood. Ridiculous. Looks like I have a long road ahead of me with a family full of boys.

Taken Pre-Chin Cut

On a happier note, Steven Edward has taken to singing. It is adorable. He loves Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee, Praise Ye The Lord, The Tractor Song (which he forces me to make up lots of new lyrics to), A recessional song from church by Graham Kendrick, and Jesus Loves Me. He will just start singing and look at me with a big grin waiting for me to chime in. It is a happy mom moment....cut chin and all.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Oh my! Well, this is why there is prayer and a second parent. :)

Wish I could hear little Steven sing - what a delight it must be.