Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Samuel Andrew at 6 months


Yesterday was Sam's half birthday (6 month). It is amazing to me how fast it has gone....and how long ago his endless screaming seems. When he was first born, I thought I would never make it here. People would say....it will get easier in about 6 months. This, to me, was not encouragement, but a death sentence. But slowly it got easier day by day and this morning I was sitting on the couch reading with both boys. Steven was laughing and pointing out things he knew and Sam was grabbing Steven's arm and the pages. As I looked at both of them joy filled my heart. I was truly happy and I felt blessed to be their mother. Blessed to be able to stay at home with them and watch them grow and incredibly aware that the days will feel slow but the years will fly.

What is Sam doing right now?....
*He is (for the most part) sleeping through the night. At least I don't have to feed him. I do have to put his pacifier in a few times tough.
*He is easting real food. He has eaten banana, sweet potato, avacado, and rice cereal. His eating at dinner time correlated 100% with him sleeping through the night.
*He is playing with toys and putting EVERYTHING in his mouth.
*He has two teeth! He did this even before Steven did, he got his first tooth a week or two ago and his second yesteray. Now he has both bottom front teeth.
*He is a nap avoider. He sleeps for 15-30 minutes and then wakes up crying....but today i let him cry for 45 minutes after his 15 minute sleep and he fell back asleep for (what is now) at least 30 minutes. Perservere Courtney....persevere.
*He is sitting up. He can sit by himself for quite a long time before he gets tired. Eventually (after 15-20 minutes) he will still topple over.
*He is super smiley. I never knew why everyone called Steven Edward "serious" until I had Sam. He is always smiling. From the first time he sees you in the morning until you give up on his nap and go to get him....he is all smiles.
*I haven't been to his 6 month doctor's appointment yet, but I know he is at least 20 pounds. Ridiculous. That is ahead of Steven Edward by at least 3 pounds. At his 4 month he was 19 which is 95% in terms of weight. We'll see how he pans out in a couple weeks.
*He is often the victim of his brother throwing toys at him or hugging him too hard....but he is quite a good sport about it. Steven Edward will tell me he threw the toy and that it hit him in the head...nice.


Steven Edward is pretty easily summed up; various forms of discipline daily as a result of attempted manipulation and "testing" boundaries while starring at you to see if you'll notice....and if you notice....if you'll do anything about it. Even in his disobedience he is still quite cute - which is lucky for him...because other wise he might be harder to love in his two-ness.

3 comments:

Beth and Chris Maslin said...

Ahh, the joys of a multi-child household. Thank you for blazing the trail and keeping me posted!

Jenny said...

These pictures of Sam are just precious! The first one is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Sam is sitting up and has 2 teeth. The pictures are soooo cute.

Luv you all!
Nanny