Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A makeover... for two

Let me just start by saying my husband is RIDICULOUS! He "relaxes" by doing things around the house.... yard work, handy-man activities, etc.

Last weekend in an afternoon he pulled up the majority of the MASSIVE hedges that lined our deck and replaced them with small azaleas and gardenias.... AFTER we ran the mud run and went to a gala the previous day. Then this weekend he cemented a wall, dug and moved plants, pressure washed our deck and side walk, sanded the deck, painted the front door, and then stained the entire deck (a "honey white) - all virtually single handed! I luckily get to benefit from my husband's workaholic tendencies! I think it makes our house look SO much better!

make over one:

make over two:


Luckily this happened the day AFTER his 18 month pictures! He was walking (either on the sidewalk or the driveway... bad mom? she doesn't even know! I was helping Steven Edward in the garage) and fell. I heard the crying from a distance and didn't rush because, as great as Sam is, he is known as a bit of a drama king. But when he rounded the corner bleeding I quickly picked up the pace! Then I pulled back his hair to reveal a slightly smaller than golf ball sized blue bump (still slightly covered by hair in this picture too). Nice. We watched for concussion signs, but after a few tantrums and refusals to eat veggies, we deemed him normal.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Poor Sam! Matt fell a few weeks ago and cut above his eye. We had to take him to get it glued shut. He then proceeded to fall Friday night outside and has a nice sized scratch/bump right smack dab in the middle of his forehead. Add that in with all of the numerous bumps and bruises he has just from being a normal,rambucious 16 month old, I'm surpised Social Services has not dropped by yet!