Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Sunday, May 2, 2010

All in a Day's Work


Today was a rather funny mix of our lives - we started with a Mudrun. It is a USMC sponsored boot camp type run. It was a 4 mile trail run with 32 obstacles ranging from 4 foot deep mud pits, to an 8 foot wall, to a 15 foot cargo net, or a piggy back ride across the finish line. You had to start and finish in teams of 4 (and I would never have made it over the 8 foot wall without my team!). It was more fun than I anticipated and a LOT muddier than i expected - there were 4 mud events (to see list of events click here). It was an absolute blast and I have already started searching the internet for another one! I do understand now why they recommended long sleeves and pants - and therefore why the army/military doesn't wear shorts of tank tops!










After seeing these pictures, Steven Edward looked at his Daddy and said, "Daddy, next time you run through a mud puddle, please don't hug me." It was cute.... and a little telling.


Then we rushed home (after multiple showers) and got ready to go to a Gala to support Veritas. It was fun of a different kind. They had both a silent and live auction - and if you didn't look too closely at my ankles (which I failed to scrub quite well enough) or noticed the scrapes on my elbows you would have had no idea that we were swimming in mud that morning!


All in all it was a great day! My boys were great for my parents and my husband and I had a great day full of fun and events! Would totally do the whole thing again!

6 comments:

Jan said...

Wow, Courtney, you are a guy's the ideal woman - able to get down and dirty in the morning and cleans up well for a fancy evening the same day!

Dr. Nichole Huff said...

Courtney, you look beautiful! (In the evening dress, not the mud!) LOL You guys always look like you're having so much fun!

Beth said...

You all clean up nicely! :)

Love your dress, by the way, you are so pretty. Glad you had such a fun day!

The Cornwalls said...

wow! that was a lot of mud! looks like fun :) maybe not my kind of fun... but fun none the less!

The Rejzer Family said...

Peggy Lee "I'm a Woman" pretty much sums this up---totally you! GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on your blog. Everything is great. Boy! That mud run looks like soooo much fun. I can't believe that Stephanie did that. Thanks for all the pictures.Nanny