Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Sunday, June 20, 2010

An Adorable Sam


I really wanted to put a picture from Sam's 18 month photography session on here (big props to Warren Sanders - anyone in Asheville.... if you want a photographer.... look him up. He's great), but I seem to have lost the image. You will just have to come see it on our wall!

Because of lack of time, I have not been able to post about Sam as he has grown as often as I did with Steven Edward. So this post is solely devoted to my second son. He has completely captured my heart in a way that is indescribable. His smile has the power to melt an onlooker's heart and his charm is unmatchable. He loves people and he loves to entertain, and if the opportunity matches what he already desires to do.... he also loves to please.

He has literally hundreds of words. He can say whatever he wants. In fact his newest trick is to walk around saying my name - corn-ey. Finally after attempting to ignore it, we've had to start disciplining him for it, because he uses it as an act of rebellion... but I do have to admit it often makes me smile. One day he just walked up to me, calling me by name.... as if he'd made a new discovery all by himself. And man was he proud.

He is the definition of the child who can't be forced to do anything. He won't eat, apologize, or bathe unless he wants to (well, unless he is kicking and screaming through the process... and man can he scream). Often in the bath his entire body turns beat red from screaming so hard - not wanting to get in, not wanting to get out, or not wanting you to wash his hair. This doesn't mean he dislikes baths - with Sam it truly just depends on the night. He will teach me new creative discipline strategies as he grows that I never knew existed.

He loves to smile, dance, tackle his brother, antagonize his brother, cuddle, laugh, tickle..... and after I've tickled awhile yell... Stop Mom! (something like... Top, Mom!).

He has grown to love reading just like his brother always did. He will bring me book after book and say, "read it." After I finish he will look at me and say, "again!"

He loves to swing and be outside. And while he is incredibly agile and adventurous for his age - he has a keen understanding of what his body can do and very seldom tries anything he is not sure he can tackle. He climbs ladders at parks, goes down the biggest slide by himself, climbs over the arm of our couch and drops to the floor, jumps off of steps with both feet, and pretty much takes life running head on.

But one thing Sam has never been is easy. As high as his highs.... he can turn on a dime. He is the child I have to watch at every turn. For example.... as his brother makes a puddle of urine on the ground outside.... Sam is the one stomping in it (true story sadly). Or as I am helping Steven at the potty.... Sam is sneaking his tooth brush out of the cup and running to dip it in the little potty, which we unfortunately have not emptied yet. I literally could go on with stories like this for several paragraphs. But somehow, with that much personality you can't help but love him and laugh right along with him. His personality and joy for life is contagious.

1 comment:

The Rejzer Family said...

Sam and Cayden sound a lot alike! Cayden's #1 phrase lately is "I DO IT, MYSELF!"

We are headed north Monday and will be back on July 7th. After the 8th, please call, I am ready to do a cookout or something!

:-) Heather