Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Friday, June 11, 2010

Slow to Update

Sorry guys - I seem to be slow to update my blog lately

Last weekend, my husband and I took the trip down to Atlanta for the weekend. One of my closest friends from college was having an engagement party.... and for fear we won't be able to make the wedding, we made it priority to be there now! So my parents came up to watch the boys, and we headed down childless to Georgia! It was great. We were very generously given a place to stay by a friend (thanks Mark!....and for the suggestion Jen!) so we were able to make the weekend of it for a very affordable price!

We started our morning by heading out to a great breakfast at Thumbs Up. It was a great little place (that could have been in Asheville based on its decor and menu) in East Point. Then we headed to Atlanta's biggest art museum. The High Museum of Art.

It was really a mix of all types of art... but i must say after living in Manhattan, it wasn't quite as impressive as a NYC museum. We were pleased to find out that we even got in for free for being Bank of America customers (this is true on the first Saturday of every month).

Their special exhibit was on cars entitled The Allure of the Automobile. It was interesting, but not what i expected in a fancy art museum.



As always though, my favorite was French Impressionism. I loved the Monet and my husband like the Pissaro.





Then we headed to Little Five Points to hang out and eat lunch. I will refrain from stating my opinion publicly about that adventure - but I will say we had wonderful Turkish food.... but if you want it, maybe you should carry it out.


Then we headed out that night to the party for Niki and Seth! We had a great time and it was so good to catch up with old friends. Congratulations guys!

No comments: