Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mudrun take Two

So after our first mud run, it was a must that we do another. So we found one in Pinnacle NC (where is that you say? who knows really..... between pilot mountain and hanging rock at a camp ground). We created two teams, a boys team (which someone ended up just being Steven and a guy named David) and a girls team (which included Millie, Stephanie, Mary and myself). It was quite an adventure and MUCH different than the first one we did. Not as many man made obstacles, but much harder terrain (God made obstacles! Huge hills, rivers, lots of steep climbs, and over 90 degree heat in the middle of the day). The last obstacle was a mudpit that far outdid our last race..... enjoy the pictures.

Our team name... the Nimble Newts (I defintely had a 50 year old woman ask me what that meant).
Mary made all the t-shirts... aren't they sweet!
We did have a fan club.
This was a group start..... I think the speedo boys won.

The masses headed towards the trail head

The mud pit.... stocked with Marines to yell at you.

About to take the dive
Yep.... there ya go.

There were ropes, so you had to literally crawl. I think my husband actually swam.

You had to cross the finish line linked arm in arm with your team. As you can see the terrain was a bit slippery! I almost lost a shoe going into the pit because the clay was so.... sticky.

This was after the race.... see what a fire hose can do! Doesn't Millie look shiny?!

***And I can't forget to give a shout out to my mom, who watched 3 toddlers and a dog while we ran.... and my Dad, who was our own personal photographer. Thanks guys! *****

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, how I wish I could have been there with you! (Haha!) It looks like you had a lot of fun. Love the shirts, Mary!

Elvis, Ashley, and Suzy said...

Where is Pinnacle, you say?? Right beside King, of course!! Did you see the women in army outfits and feather boas?? Yeah, that was a friend of mine. =)

The Breedloves said...

Yes Ashley, we thought of you (and our wedding) as we headed that way! - but I missed the boas. You should have seen the costumes.... amazing. a taste of culture I was not prepared for.... men in prom dresses, men dressed like Daisy Duke.... slightly (and not so slightly) overweight playboy bunnies... i will end there.