Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Sunday, August 7, 2011

I actually like her!

For those of you who don't know me extensively as a mother.... that statement is a big deal. It took me about 9 months to say that about Sam. Knowing what I know now about my diet and how it affects her and knowing that it must have affected Sam in the same way, I wonder if I could have sped that process along by eliminating more foods while I nursed Sam. But nonetheless, it took quite a long time to pass from "I love my child" into the "I actually like my child." Babies are like puppies, in that they break the world down into two categories of people.... those who get the puppy in order to have a dog, and those who want a puppy but don't actually want the dog. I fall into the first category. I suffer through the pains of infancy in order to have another toddler. Go figure. Either way, the probability that this may be our last makes me pay more attention and try to take greater notice of Eliza and her phases. Either way, I have really been enjoying her lately. She has gone through some difficult and trying phases (and has even been called birth control by people who will remain unnamed), but has emerged into a smiley, opinionated little girl whom everyone in the family loves. I thought I would post some pictures of her smiley-ness.



2 comments:

Rob And Son said...

I like her too!! Can't wait to meet her and Sam....xo

Jenny said...

She is pretty special! So happy you're appreciating the baby stage in a new way this time around. (And on days when you're not, I'll trade you your baby for my new toddler!)