Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our Conversation Today



Was spawned by the item below. Having two preschool aged boys in my house, poop is a common topic of conversation, but this was a different issue entirely.


"Boys, what would you do if you were playing and you saw a bear?"

Steven looks up at me and says, "run."

I respond with, "where would you run?"

"In the house" he responds.

"Yes," I say. "You would yell for Sam to run too, and you would run inside and shut the door."

The whole time Sam is taking it all in and watching. Eventually he responds....

"If it is a good bear we wouldn't run. Right momma?"

"No Sam. There are no good bears."

"But if it didn't growl. We could wait and see...."

I interrupt in mid sentence, "No Sam. You would run. Good bears don't live here. Steven make sure Sam was inside and then shut the door. If Sam isn't inside run tell momma and I'll go get the bear."

"What would you do momma? What if it got Sam."

"It wouldn't get Sam Steven. I would get it and I wouldn't let it get Sam."

At this point Sam is still thinking. Eventually he replies,

"But we could hit it in the eye. And smash it. And Daddy would say, 'what is that brown thing?' and we would say, 'A Bear!'

"No Sam, you just run and make a lot of noise."

Sam never pauses while I say this and when I tune back in I hear, "but if if were a bear-bee it would fly up in the air...."

At this point I see this is useless and I just hope I got somewhere with this conversation. Upon pulling in last night I saw a bag of trash in the yard. I walked upstairs to inform my husband and he went to check it out... with a big light and a bat. He stumbled upon some big tracks and what you saw above. It was still warm...

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow--what kind of bears do you all get in NC? We have black bears and mountain lions and we have the same conversations with our kids. Every time we hike or go out into nature anywhere. Bear-country--that's what it's called here. Keep talking--they'll hear you :)

ashley said...

wait...my question is...how did he know it was still warm? did he touch it?!