Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Funny Little Things


There are really fun moments as a mom. I thought I'd share one to make you laugh.

Today I was reading to both boys. It was just after lunch, but Sam looked at me (mid-sentence, mind you) and said, "Can I have a banana?"

I, being the ever-caring, never-annoyed mother, responded with, "Sure. Just let me finish this story."

At this point he started making a noise that was somewhere between a high-pitched hum and an "I'm pooping" noise. I just looked at him and said, "What are you doing?"

Without missing a beat he says, "Starving." I laughed and asked "If I get you a banana, will you stop starving?"

He said "yes," but amps up the volume as I walk to the kitchen. Indeed the sound did stop and we haven't heard it since. Silly Sam. I'm sure it will appear on another day when he needs to make me laugh or is hungry.
Poor little Eliza has her first fever today. She is handling it like her momma would....needs to be held and whines all day. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!


And as for Steven.... his statements are often unknowingly pretentious. This one wasn't quite so bad, but they always come out a little differently than I think he intends. Or, potentially just like he intends but not what an adult wants to hear! At church on Sunday he looked at a little 3-year old boy who had long curly hair (adorable spring type curls) and asked if he was a boy or a girl. The little boy responded adamantly, "BOY!"

To which my son responded, "You are very hard to explain."

When pressed about this later he said, "But he's a boy AND has long curly hair...." as if this was impossible to fathom. Love it!

No comments: