Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Spirit Week


 It is Spirit Week at Steven Edward's school.  That is one of the positive things about it being a Pre-K to 12 school.  The little kids get to experience things that generally only happen in middle and high school.  I think they even have a pep rally today (another thing I love and found out others hate).  None-the-less, the flyer came in the mail for Spirit week and I was SO excited.  I LOVE spirit week.  I have such fond memories as a kid dressing up for Spirit Week (tacky day, twin day, lollipop day).  I also loved it as a teacher.  It was an all around great week with dress up days and teacher vs student games.  Loved it.  LOVED IT.  BUT I was surprised to find out that some of my friends (who have obviously been students, but are also mothers and former teachers) hate it!  How can you hate it!  It is a bundle of thematic fun!  This week we've had (in order) crazy sock day, crazy hat day, team day, crazy blue and white day, and school t-shirt day.  Here is just a taste of what our house has looked  like at 7 in the morning this week!


 These are definitely my 9th grade soccer socks.  I suppose I'm a pack rat.



His face says 2025.  Today was the first time I figured out his Class!  That is crazy right!  Class of 2025!

This is just a cute little girl in her cousins valuer jump suit.  Gotta have that right!  I'm sure I did in the 80s.  Let us not deprive my own daughter.
And in case you were wondering, we are also having our own version of Spirit Week at home!  This is Sam's design (me doing it of course, but at his bidding).  He veered a bit off the entirely blue theme, but fun none the less.  We've already gotten a little on our couch.  Nice.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm in the "hate it" category. I bet that totally doesn't surprise you.

:)

You have the cutest spirit-week kids, though, I'm sure! Our week is this coming week: Western Day (gag), Super Hero Day (ok, that one's fun), Sports day (eh), and VMS Day (easy).