Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Steven Edward at 18 Months

I can barely believe that my son is already 18 months. And more than that right now, I can barely believe that he will have a little brother or sister in 3 weeks! It is hard for me to look at him and think he will have to grow up quickly and stop being the baby.....but in many ways at least he thinks he is ready. So what is he doing now?.........

*He LOVES to climb. He is on everything and anywhere we go with steps or anything that may resemble steps he is headed for them!

*He loves to drink out of a "big boy" cup. It is an easy way to get water into him. He will drink an entire cup and just giggle between sips.

*He has 16 teeth....four top, four bottom, four molars, and four incisors.

*He is always on the move and is quite fast. Everywhere I go where he is walking I always get comments on how much work he must be to keep up with and then eventually a pity face when they then see my belly.

*He jabbers all day long. Not so much words you can understand, but he is always talking. He will grab his play cell phone, say..."hello" and then just jabber away laughing at random times. It is quite cute.

*Our current words- car, truck, clock (which sounds remarkably like car), shoes, all done, uh-uh, door, dog, uh-oh....and he is trying to say lots of others. I'm sure there are some that i can't decipher that I'm not giving him credit for. But to be honest....I'm being lenient on pronunciation.

*He knows most of his body parts (excluding the elbow and knee) and loves to stick his tounge out at you when prompted.

*One of my favorite things he does is holding our hands for the blessing before we pray. I'm not sure why but this makes my heart quite happy.

*He loves watching football with his Mom and Dad on the couch on the weekends. He will just sit holding his own little football mesmerized! We have slightly laxed our no tv rule for sports....we figure it is just like real life....um...kind of.

*He still loves his cars and trucks-and has had a great time playing with Hotwheels and his Daddy's old orange Hotwheels track.

*He has also figure out how to open the fridge and often when I'm filling up his water cup will run to the fridge, open it and try to pull out the milk. This has become a punishable offense.

*Speaking of punishable offenses....he is into throwing EVERYTHING. So we have a rule that he is only allowed to throw balls. This is our newest challenge.

*He suddenly loves shoes and hats. He constantly brings them to me to put on.

*He also enjoys pushing things around the house. He will go the pantry get out the mop or broom and push them all over the place. He also does this with a toy lawnmower and a wooden duck that flaps its wings.

*Reading is still one of his favorite things-picutre books of family or himself, Richard Scarry, truck books, and Good Night Gorilla are his current favorites.




Well-I'm sure I've missed some things but I'm also sure you're tired of reading about my son. But this gives me a great time and place to brag on him and to adore the gift God has given me. I know I will love the next one just as much-I just can't quite imagine that yet.

All these pictures are from Steven Edward's 18 month pictures. We are putting together a panel or vignette in black and white of 5 shots of him. These are some that the photographer (Warren Sanders) put on his own personal blog to let people see his work. Feel free to check it out for yourself if you're interested.

His site
http://www.wsanderphotography.com/

His blog with Steven's pictures
http://www.wsanderphotography.com/blog/?page_id=106

3 comments:

Brooke or Caleb said...

It sounds like Little Steven and Aaron share more than just a birthday. They have a lot in common, I almost thought you were describing Aaron at points. Can't wait to hear how Steven responds to the new baby...might help us prepare Aaron in the next 5 months. If y'all are in the GSO/High Point area sometime I would love to see you, or if we are that way.

Jan said...

Love the update--I can totally picture him running around jabbering away. Sixteen teeth! Simone is still working on numbers five and six! Btw, little bro/sis or a surprise? And three weeks?!

Unknown said...

I think this is the exact age that Joseph also learned how to open the fridge, DEMAND milk and then, surprise, surprise, his exhausted pregnant mother gave him some. It's now a year later though and he still thinks that anything mixed with water is just that much better though... Can you imagine drinking 1/3 milk with 2/3 water? Gross!