Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How in the World?

It is almost time for Steven Edward to go to bed and my husband is taking out the trash. My eldest son and i are entertaining ourselves by dancing/marching/stepping all over the house while singing. It is lots of fun for all, even Samuel who is in my arms. We are laughing and cackling and I decide to lead our march to the living room where the fire is so nicely crackling in the fire place. Steven follows with a smile. As I reach the hall i hear him fall in the nursery. I keep stomping in place to lure him my way. It takes him a little while and so I eventually head back to check on him. He is standing fully clothed with a diaper in his hand. I think this is strange, but his father is emptying the trash, so it is possible one fell out of the trash. I throw it away and our game continues down the hallway into the living room. It is time for Sam to eat, so I sit on the couch and let Steven keep stomping and screaming around the house. I look down and see a bizarre looking shaped toy on the rug....so I do what I always do which is to ask Steven Edward to bring it to mommy. He walks over, picks up the foreign object, and quickly drops it back to the floor.

"No, it couldn't be." I say to myself. Still holding Sam I jump up and pick up the object to find that it is a ball of poo. Yes, that is what I said...a ball of poo. I can't quite figure it out....we have no pet, there has been no naked running....how in the world? I yell down to my husband to come help because I am holding one son with dirty hands while the other runs around touching who knows what after just picking up human feces. Steven comes up and picks up our son to wash his hands and exclaims,

"Oh my goodness. It was HIS diaper!"

"What? How could it be his diaper? He still has his jeans on." I ask

So, it seems that while falling, he somehow undoes his diaper and pulls it out of the back of his pants. Now whether the poo came before or after I'm not so sure...but I am sure that a game of marching and singing leaves traces of his goodness in every room in random places. Sam, sadly enough is neglected already....he is taken from his meal and placed on the couch while I run bath water and bathe my son. My husband begins to clean the house thoroughly. He vacuums, mops.... and eventually after the bath he has a little toddler in his diaper running behind him happy as can be, yelling and pushing his toy broom after his father.

Nice. How the heck did he manage to pull his diaper off with his pants still on. He is either brillant.... or a little off.

No comments: