Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Surviving With Two

Yes - I am surviving. Today was the first true day that I felt like a mom of two. Until this morning Sam has slept most of the time (other than from 8 pm until around 11....when i cave and bring him to bed with me...it is pretty much a routine) and I have been able to spend most of my time with Steven Edward. Then this morning happened...the type of morning where I come up from the steps with a load of laundry to a ringing phone and a screaming infant. The morning you dream of when you're 6 months pregnant chasing a 16 month old... you picture both of them screaming at the same time. It finally happened today. I feel pretty lucky that I've made it practically 3 weeks without this occurring, but I suppose I should note that this morning was the first morning where I haven't either had help or a friend come over.....but the thing is, I survived. In fact I could hear people in my head saying tend to the older one, they'll remember when the younger one won't. So I did. I was even able to get a 30 minute nap in while they both slept (MIRACLE of miracles). I'll let you know if I'm in as good of spirits when this day happens again and I don't nap!

Either way - here are some pictures of the occurrences throughout the week.

My Nanny and George came to visit for a couple nights. Steven Edward LOVED George. I think he is actually drawn to men. I suppose this is a foreshadowing of the guns, knives, and boys' time that will be in my future!











Steven Edward LOVES to cuddle with Sam. He will run up to him and lay on or beside him. He is constantly giving him kisses and holding his hand. In fact one morning he was all over him so I decided to move him to the table (in a bouncy chair) and Steven Edward sobbed. He ran to the table pointing at him and crying. I can't wait until they can actually interact because Steven already loves him so much.





My friend Jan came over and brought us great dinner from a famous restaurant here that I've wanted to try called 12 Bones. She took Steven Edward outside to play and then made play-dough with him. He had a blast.







I have also (even though I don't have pictures to prove it) been loved in amazing ways by our friends here in Asheville. People are still making us meals and I have had several friends buy groceries for me, come to help out around the house, and even drive here, load my kids, help me to the store, unload my kids and my things and help me back in the house. I have been amazingly blessed by the network of friends and peole who love us here.





4 comments:

Beth said...

Loved all the pictures! I can't get over how alert Sam looks in that last one. And Steven looks so grown up and adorable (your kid, not your husband, although I'm sure you think you--hahah!). I love the picture of you holding Sam, you look so pretty.

xoxo, beth

The Cornwalls said...

not to worry you will survive the rest of "those days" too... :)
i still can't believe how much sam looks like steven edward :)
can't wait to see you to 2 weeks!

Anonymous said...

I've seen your husband purse his lips the same way Sam does in the last picture.

They both look adorable, and we can't wait to see y'all.

Unknown said...

Ah yes, the screaming in tandem. Not sure why screaming can be so contagious, but yes, it really is. My favorite was always when they both screamed getting out to the car, my nerves were nearly wrecked and I sped out of my garage. Fortunately for all I soon realized that speeding while stressed wasn't really such a great idea, pulling over with music on to help soothe them both was a much wiser choice! Incredibly enough we are all still here. And yes, there is still a lot of hugging and kissing.
Melissa