Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Daylight Savings


If I could pick anytime to not have a toddler....especially a toddler that has just become a big brother...it would be daylight savings time. Seriously - they didn't factor in mothers into this nation wide plan to optimize daylight. We'll let your children get up at the same time....just push back their meals and their nap and put them to bed an hour later. Today was filled with outings trying to appease a whiny 18 month old....and fits every time we got into the car. This is my way to formally protest the seemingly dumb idea that is daylight savings time!

On a brighter note - I am feeling stronger everyday. We'll see if I still feel that way on Wednesday when I no longer have help! Either way, things are going well and I'm in good spirits. Here are some pictures of when we gave Samuel his first bath at home....and yes....it took us 1.5 weeks to do that. My how different things are when you have a second child. Eeeek. I am trying to get individual pictures of just Sam - but my eldest is just so darn cute sometimes



We decided he kind of looked like a puppy dog, hanging on with those two hands. He didn't cry near as much as I remember Steven Edward crying....but then again....Steven Edward slept at night and Sam is not quite as cooperative! Already seeing the difference in personalities! I can't wait to find out what he'll be like.



Here are some pictures of Steven Edward pushing his lawn mower around pretending to help Sally vacuum. He started this when my mom was here and it has become a regular habit. It definitely helps that with this habit I will be able to do this when he is awake, cause gracious knows I'll be sleeping for here on out while he sleeps... at least until Sam is sleeping through the night!


I'm working on getting more pictures of Samuel for you, but he sleeps a lot during the day....and I'm not usually happy enough about his waking at night that I'm willing to get out the camera. Soon enough.

2 comments:

The Rejzer Family said...

I am so with you on the time change. My boys are NOT taking it well. The whole stinkin family was up at 5:20 today!!!! TOO EARLY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well,DST caught us unaware. We went to SS and could not figure out where the class was. They were in early service!!!!
Samuel is soooo cute in the pictures. Hope to see all of you Sunday.Nanny