Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Words


Steven Edward is steadily working on a new vocabulary. He is constantly adding new words, most of which we can understand and some of which non family members can understand too. He has also taken to saying some of these words on command. Our most recent addition to our vocab is not only amusing but incredibly well enunciated.

I was changing his diaper about a week ago and I simply said, "you have a smelly bum." He looks straight at me and says "bum." He then continues to repeat this while running around the house smacking his bottom. This is the beginning of potential embarrassment while waiting in the line at the grocery store. I suppose the only thing I have to hold onto there is that I'm not allowed to pick him up by myself for 3-4 more weeks so hopefully once I can do that (and therefore go to the store alone) he may be out of this phase.

So this morning I went to my 4 week check up (all was well other than the fact that I may have pulled some internal stitches because I took the no lifting a little too liberally....so now I'm on a 3-4 week longer probation. Ugh) and I had a friend watching Steven at my house with her son who is a month older than Steven. When I returned home she informed me that (unprompted) Steven not only knew where his bum was....but he also knew where Eli's bum, where her bum, and where the bum of a stuffed scare crow where. Nice. Evidently he ran up to them, patted their bum and happily pronounced it's existence. We may have an issue we need to deal with if he starts transferring his knowledge to strangers when we're out and about!

My girlfriends and I got together last night for a girls night! We had sooo much fun. We are hopefully going to make this a monthly or bi-monthly occurrence. It was great for me to get out of the house and just relax. This is a picture.... you have seen lots of their children....so here they are. They are all involved in the bible study I'm in on Thursday mornings and have each become a huge part of my daily life here.


Me, Jenny, Alice, Jill and Christina

1 comment:

Beth said...

Jealous, JEALOUS of those sweet women sitting with you.

And you made me laugh out loud tonight with Steven and his bum :)

beth