Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

Every year the Grove Park Inn hosts a ginger bread house competition. It is CRAZY! Everything has to be edible. And from the looks of it, people must start months in advance, and have lots of time on their hands. We went with some friends over to admire. In truth, I'm not sure the kids really even noticed the houses. They loved running around a huge hotel/lodge pretending to be race cars. Dashing from sleigh to tree to terrace where they could run free and unobstructed with "fewer" rules. Overall it was a great time, here are some of the houses. And if you're interested you can check out professional pictures of them here.


This was my favorite, but I had trouble with my flash. It's Santa's kitchen with little elves working. It was right beside the Obama house, where Barak has a Santa hat and is on the chimney. Is that a slam on stimulus checks?


This is actually the winner, my flash messes it up and my little camera doesn't do it justice! It is so detailed! There is even "edible" glass on the grandfather clock!


This was more on their level of interest!


The rows of trees, leaves, and garland made me feel like I was at Macy's in Harold Square. I loved it!


The front, complete with phone booth and wedding chapel

The inside.... can you see the dancers and the man on the treadmill?

An amazing windmill. Look at the intricate flowers! It is ALL EDIBLE!


Admiring



Huge trees!


This sleigh and reindeer are tucked inside a fire place that several grown men could walk into standing upright. I was the last to leap out of the picture, hence the last to pick up a camera. Picture Steven Edward holding Sam and Ryan sitting beside Steven. This happened to be just after Steven shoved Sam off his lap, and Ryan grew restless. Picture my son in the background going, "i'm all done momma, I'm all done." Oh well....it's kind of like an attendance shot.


1 comment:

The Cornwalls said...

those houses were VERY IMPRESSIVE!
cant wait to see you in a few days :)