Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Urgent Care....


Seriously.... not so urgent (on their part) and care in this usage seems to be relative. The location and name of this establishment will remain anonymous. Ignore the large logo pasted at the top of this post. I spent 1.5 hours waiting to be called back. In this time I sat beside a old woman who dialogued out loud (for the entire waiting room to hear) about her symptoms, as if we were the judge and jury in the world of medication. I was then roped into a conversation (based on the book I was reading) with a 70 year old crazy Messianic Jew (cane and full length white beard) who told me he strongly believed were we in the 7 years of tribulation and that America would cease to exist as we know it. I smiled and giggled awkwardly while hoping a nurse would slip through the brown door and say my name. After seeing the doctor for 5 minutes, he gave me a choice of antibiotics (really? a choice? Aren't you the doctor? Shouldn't i just tell you my symptoms?), and then prescribed vicodin for my cough. Come again? VICODIN FOR MY COUGH! This is the same drug they gave me in the hospital after my multiple surgeries - the one I attempted to stop using as quickly as possible! The same drug that is a pretty hot commodity for recreational use.....

Well - 2 hours later at least I have a Rx right? I can't wait for my well visit at our family practice. It can't come too soon.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I hope you're feeling better soon!! love you.