Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Races, fun times, and construction

So here are a few happenings over the past few weeks. First, I turned 29..... whoo-hoo. My husband and I had a great time celebrating together at Frankie Bones (which is a great restaurant owned by some friends of ours). Some good friends also took me out for breakfast at the new Tuepelo Honey, and I got some very thoughtful gifts. Below is a picture of my boys and I celebrating with candy necklaces sent by my nanny.


I went to a huge consingment sale, and found some great cheap toys for the boys. Below you see them sporting the new Home Depot Tool set I found for $3. Steven is proving how truely useful the hard hat is in this picture.


Steven and i were signed up to run in a Valentines 5k in Black Mountain last weekend that was postponed because of our most recent battle with global warming. We ended up running the race today for my new personal best since high school. We ran it in 25:35 which is around an 8:16 pace! This beats my last race by 3 1/2 minutes (Asheville Citizen Times in September 29:18). I forgot to get a picture at the race....so here we are, post number.


And then, Steven's younger brother Thomas came in town this weekend with his girlfriend Kaitlyn. We have had a great time just being together. Below you see some pictures of an impossible croquet course they set up on our sledding hill..... there's even a bit of snow left. It was a very frustrating competition that consisted mostly of us running behind our ball begging it to stop. Fun none the less.


And Beth, there is one of the new frames. I actually ran in my new prescription sunglasses! Thanks Zenni Optical! I'm obsessed.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats on the race! Go, Courtney, go!!

Beth said...

Cute frames!

Sorry I missed your b-day, so happy late birthday!!

Way to go on your running time!!! You ROCK!

love you!