Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Zenni Optical

I am writing this post to inform all glasses wearers that there is a great site online to get your next pair of glasses (assuming you know your prescription).

Evidently after pregnancy, a woman's body is never quite the same.... in many ways I suppose. One difference for me is that my eyes no longer seemed to like my contacts. It started with me in denial.... I would have to wear glasses about half the day but would still eventually switch to my contacts by mid day. Several month and several eye infections later my husband helped me realize that it was okay for me to simply be a glasses wearer. In fact he said he liked me in glasses. So I decided if I had to wear glasses, I wanted to have several pair to choose from. So on the recommendation of a friend I checked out Zenni Optical. It's an online company that has glasses and lenses starting at $8.00! I ended up getting my first pair (shipping included) for $25 dollars. I was a little nervous that the lenses wouldn't be quality lenses or that the frames would feel cheap (based on the price). But this was not the case at all! So then I went back and ordered several other pair (one that even had tented lenses for outdoor fun!). They are quality knock off frames, but since a pair at Lens Crafters was going to cost me about $300 - I'm totally okay with knock offs. I mean.... in NY I definitely picked up a purse from China Town, so how is this really that different. Totally check it out if you need new glasses. I'm a huge fan and will NEVER go to a store again. The only down side is that you have to wait 2 weeks to get them. A small price to pay for a savings of $275.

Hope this comes in handy for someone.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Cool! Ummm, where are the photos sporting your new frames???