Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Away In Charleston

As a combined birthday present to each other, Steven and I went away on a weekend to Charleston. Steven's mom came up to watch the boys and we had an amazing 48 hours alone! We talked for long periods of time about things that had nothing to do with our children..... ideas..... history.... it was a great weekend. Thank you Sally for being willing to watch our children (who by the way had a wonderful weekend with their Nanna).

We stayed at a great Bed and Breakfast. The accomodations were great and the breakfast was amazing.


We took a ferry out to Fort Sumter (where the first shot of the civil war was fired) and toured the remains.







We walked the entirety of the city looking at all the beautiful mansions. Here is one by the water on the battery.

This is part of rainbow row


These were like most of the houses closer to our bed and breakfast (which was on the edge of College of Charleston)

And then we spent much of our Saturday morning walking the historical part of the city and touring old churches. This was one of the highlights for me. I loved all that I learned and I enjoyed our conversations that arose from the tours.









What a great weekend away. It was the perfect amount of time - I was excited to see my boys by the time we got back on Sunday.

1 comment:

The Rejzer Family said...

I am SO proud of you two! Isn't is amazing to realize what you DON'T talk about when you get away? Bryan and I got an overnight this weekend too, it was so nice. Glad you had a great time. Bryan and I love Charleston.