Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Veritas Spring Fever 5k


Steven and I signed up for and ran our second race together this morning. It was a 5k to benefit his school's athletic department and for this one, we both ran at "our own pace" - which meant Steven left me right at the start line and we paced by ourselves. I will say, running by yourself is not as much fun as running with someone, and next time I will have to bring my Ipod. But nonetheless, we both ran well. The race was a bit harder than I thought it was going to be. The last mile was all a slow, uphill climb, which proved challenging for everyone. In fact, I did not add one picture of me at the finish line that looks as if I had just been tortured (potentially today I may have described it that way!). The boys waited at the finish line with our ever faithful babysitter Alexandra. Steven finished 11th overall at 22:14 (which is a 7:10 mile pace) and I finished 35th overall at 25:04 (an 8:05 pace).
waiting for mom and dad
Just after the finish line
Steven has just passed (the grey shirt and shoe on the right) and as you see the clock says 22:16! Unfortunately for Steven he finished 3rd in his age cagtegory (the 30s are actually the most competitive category for runners) so he failed to get a sugar cookie.
I however (because I am a spring chicken just shy of that 30s group) finished 1st in my age group and was able to come away with a fondant iced sugar cookie with a one on it. Nice.

Two people failed to stay to claim their prestigious sugar cookie prize.... and our boys benefited greatly. Thank you Anthony!

2 comments:

Beth and Chris Maslin said...

Looks like fun! Congrats, Courtney, on finishing 1st in your "spring chicken" age group!

Jan said...

Way to go, Courtney!!!! What a great prize. :)