Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Postpartum Chaos

WARNING - this post may make you think I'm crazy. Be wary of judging....



Yesterday my mom left after a great week of fun. I was looking for something to do with Steven Edward that would make him feel special and that would take his mind off of the fact that he just lost his playmate of the week. I needed to make pumpkin bread for a fall celebration that took place this morning so I thought that would be the perfect solution. He LOVED it! He thought the flower/sugar mixture was a mini sand box.





We made it all the way through the process just in time for my son to pick up the large Morton Salt and attempt to pour it into the mixture. Luckily I did a movie style dash across the kitchen to catch the line of salt in my left hand and grab the container with my right....shew. I even had the energy to clean the kitchen. Overall I was really proud considering I had my son (and surgery!) the week before. Afterward I felt fine! We even had friends come over for dinner to enjoy some of the amazing food that people have brought me!

Then today we had a fall celebration with the women and kids that come to my house every Thursday for Bible Study. We had 7 moms and 14 children running around my house in costume, eating snacks, and painting pumpkins. It was sheer chaos. Now this is the point when you're thinking....."Courtney! What are you thinking! Are you crazy! You just had a baby!" And yes, you're right....but if I didn't do it here, Steven Edward couldn't participate. And I figured it would be like having 6 other moms to help all at once! I was right....and wrong at the same time. Either way it was such a fun morning.














I then pushed a little too far. After Steven woke from his nap, I went to vote. Unfortunately the line was an hour long, and then we stopped by Wal-Mart on the way home. All in all the day was a little too much. Once I got home I had to take an Advil and a nap before dinner. Tomorrow I vow to sit on the couch and do nothing! Luckily my mother in law arrived today to help me for another week, so I will have lots of help and Steven Edward has another fun playmate!

3 comments:

Kathleen Moore said...

samuel is just like a little blob of pumpkin! i mean, a really cute pumpkin, but still.

Anonymous said...

wow girl you are brave to attempt all that! sounds like a fun day but i never expected you would have gone on after the party to vote & go to wal-mart with two kids! glad to hear you are getting your energy back :)

Kathleen Moore said...

steven's costume looks the costume boo has on in Monster's Inc.