Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Monday, April 13, 2009

I still love my children!

There was some doubt over the past few weeks. Day in and day out of tiredness....I had even started apologizing to my husband that my general personality of late was grumpy. And then both grandparents chipped in and gave... a night away.



The Breedloves gave us a gift certificate the The Historic Brookstown Inn for a night and my parents kept the boys. I was extremely nervous....and had been pumping for two weeks to store up enough milk for Sam.... but it all went so smoothly. My husband and I have only been on one date since living in Asheville - and that was only because a friend made me go the week before Sam was born. So needless to say we needed the time together. It had evidently become so aparent that my friends started offering to babysit for us to make it happen! It was so much fun, and an amazing part was that I missed my kids. It gave me enough distance to know that I do actually love them and, for the most part, enjoy what I'm doing. The room was bigger than our apartment in NYC - a junior sweet with two tvs and a pretend fireplace. Here is a picture of the lower floor, taken from the floor where the bed is.


We walked around Old Salem, spent time in the "arts district," had a nice dinner, and slept in! It was amazing. And I have to bring that back to memory as the boys tantrum and resettle to being at home after traveling to Nana and Poppie's (where macaroni and cheese is served upon command and Cars the movie is shown).


The pride of Winston Salem. Most downtowns seem laughable after living in Manhattan, but we had a great time exploring.

We did have an Egg Hunt before heading back to Asheville. Nana filled the eggs with pretzels and animal crackers to appease the parents.

And this was just a ridiculous picture I thought you may enjoy.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm so glad you still love them:) They sure are adorable. We're really looking forward to seeing y'all this weekend, and we(me and little Irbs) are going to be in Asheville next week, probably Mon-Thurs, so let's hang out!