Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Reasons Why We Discipline

This post is intended for all the mothers out there who ever wonder why they discipline on a daily basis....why they continue on a tiring uphill battle that feels endless. You do it to avoid such scenarios....

Today I was at the park. It's a fun new time because Sam is starting to enjoy it too. He crawls around, pulls up on things, climbs up the tube slides and overall, has a great time. He and Steven Edward actually play and laugh together as they climb up the slide. Even though I am at a point in my life where I feel remotely housebound as Sam takes two naps and Steven Edward still takes one, I try to make it out so the kids have a place to get out their energy. Today we finally made it out of the house at 11 for a short hour of play. I had noticed another family there - a mother with two boys, the oldest of which was four. I heard a commotion over by the water fountain and turned to see the four year old with his pants down attempting to pee on someone else's child. Seriously?! The mother didn't even react in horror....so this must have happened before! I don't know about you but when I'm confronted with a situation I never dreamed of happening, calm is NOT generally my response. She called her son over and asked him what he needed to do when he need to tinkle outside. She continued without waiting for an answer...... "We find a private place, and that was not a private place," as she helps him pull his pants up. Not the response I was looking for....ESPECIALLY if I am the mother who is standing beside her watching her son attempt to pee on mine. That may be a friendship stopper for me.

Keep disciplining mothers or we're going to have a peeing four year old with a water gun on our hands. Keep trekking up that seemingly uphill battle and eventually it will hopefully pay off.

1 comment: