Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Friday, August 28, 2009

Madeline Paige Cornwall

This post is long overdue. In fact I think I started writing this orginal post in August as you can see by the date.....and it is now the 11th of September (I will never write that date again without a sigh). My September has been slammed with busyness. I am pinch hitting in a twice a week tutoring situation where I teach two home school girls. I am also working with them to figure out curriculum so it is take a bit of my time (researching books etc.). I am also trying to run because I am running in another race (only a 5k) tomorrow and I am doing a bit of SAT and Geometry tutoring in my "spare time". I also have started keeping a precious little girl 12 days a month for a friend. It is so fun to have a little girl around. The differences in boys and girls are astounding to me and always fun to watch. Both of my boys love her and literally glow when they see her coming. Her name is Anna and she is a petite little 18 month old girl. We have enjoyed having her around. Either way, I have been very busy and therefore have neglected to post- returning emails seem to be enough of a challenge! Obviously it's because I am keeping my house spotless and my boys well disciplined! :)







I failed to post in celebration of our newest niece Madeline Paige Cornwall, born on August 25th 7 pounds 2 ounces. Originally it was because I wanted to put up pictures that I didn't have....now I have no excuse. I eagerly await our first meeting! She has had a bit of a tramatic entry as she spent a long week in the hospital from a menengitis scare, but appears to be doing well now! My sister is currently adjusting to having 3 fulltime. Shew....

My boys are being pretty normal little boys. Sam is currently using a walker to cruise around the house and is very proud of himself as he does it. He always sports a big smile as he walks! Steven Edward likes to try to steal the walker and run around with it himself and we have had to make it an off limits toy seeing as he is attempting to lay on it, ride on it, climb on it....you name it. Sam is cruising quite quickly on furniture and refuses to nap longer than 45 minutes. He has gotten himself some discipline lately as he smiling does what I ask him not to....be it throwing food on the floor or going for outlets on the wall. He has such a dramatic cry! He bucks his back and screams like all is lost - yet when a toy he likes is put in front of him.....he miraculously recovers.


The other day Steven Edward climbed into Sam's crib, put in Sam's passy and told me he was tired. He also told me he wanted Sam to come in and play with him. So they played together in Sam's crib for at least 15 minutes where Sam actually learned to jump. Now this is a daily ritual





Steven walked out into the sun the other day and told me the sun was hurting him. I informed him the sun was not hurting him to which he replied, "the sun is looking at me mamma."

Steven's newest saying is, "that would be great mamma." So I asked him if he wanted to go visit his Daddy at school and he responds, "that would be great mamma!" or "that is a great idea mamma!" He also likes to correct me using the word actually. He makes up his own words that are essentially giberious and when I tell him that isn't a word he responds with, "actually it is a word mamma." He also likes to respond to questions with, "I'd love to mamma." So I ask him if he'd like to do something he will say, "I'd love to mamma, thank you for saying that." He is constantly cracking me up with what he comes out with.



Steven also loves to talk about the stories that he hears. He will often make up his own twists to the stories. The other day he asked me if I remembered a story about David, Goliath, and Lach (the newest Dellinger son). He quickly added, I remember that story mamma. Or he will tell me that we are going to Zacharias's house (or sometimes it's Mary and Jesus's house) and start marching over to our neighbors porch. He has me role play where I am Jesus or a giant (depending on my instructions I am asked to fight or not to fight), or he is the sick man from the good Samaritan story and I have to tend to his wounds. His imagination is so much fun to watch. While the age of two brings lots of testing and time outs - it also bring moments of sheer delight. Obviously God knew we'd need that to make it through the defining boundaries stage!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Is the son of Steven wearing a PINK shirt?! I have NOT seen that shirt before!

Anonymous said...

Hi Court! Boy, I had a wonderful time with tiff, Jack, Hana, Brooke and Madeline. Hope you will be able to see her soon. Your pictures are soooo good. Sam is beginning to look so much like Steven Edward.
Thanksgiving will be here before we can say "scat". Maybe we will see each other before than.
LUV.......Nanny

Unknown said...

My 2 agree that playing in the crib is awesome fun. I often give them a stack of 20 or so books and they sit in there quietly reading, trading books. maybe Joseph reading to Maggie or singing or her doing animal sounds. Some jumping occurs that may injure the crib springs longterm but hey, so far all's well...
I'm glad that Stephen is saying "actually" a lot. It means he really does know everything now.