Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Monday, August 10, 2009

Takin a Hard Line

So Sam has had a fever this week and therefore sleeping hasn't been optimal. Not to mention that I was wrong about the three teeth in one week....what I should have said was FOUR teeth in a week and a half. All four top teeth have popped through the skin over the last week and a half. Moral of the story - take a 9 month old who is sleeping from 7pm to 6-7:30 am....give him a two week vacation where he gets four teeth and his sleeping schedule is all moved around.....and then give him a temp. when he gets home and he turns into a 9 month old who wants to feed about four times a night. So today was the day when I was going to take hard line.....with both boys really. We are facing a new round of tantrums with Steven Edward and I would use nap time to help him see that I as actually the one in charge.......this preface is intended to help you see my side of the story.

So after giving Steven Edward every small toy he could possibly need I turn out the lights and head to my 30 minutes of me time. You know.....the time when you start dinner, make calls to heating companies to get estimates on heaters..... that type of thing. Eventually Steven Edward's whiny cries for me turn into a real cry. I decide to check on him. It is SERIOUS! He wants a different car. I politely tell him it's time to rest and close the door. Five minutes later he begins to cry again. Obviously he has just figured out that crying will make me come, so I let him cry a bit longer. Eventually I decide I should go talk him through it so he won't wake up Sam. So I go check on him and he says, "my arm is stuck!" Sure enough....his arm is stuck in between the wall and the crib. He must have been trying to get a toy. I suppose next time I'll check a bit earlier. Now Sam is crying.....30 minutes over.

No comments: