Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Monday, September 12, 2011

My Children!!!!!!!!!

This weekend we took a 24-hour trip to Greensboro because we knew that my Nanny was going to be there. It was such a good time, and it made me want to do trips to our family, for no reason, more often.
A tidbit about the little ones -
I never remember to actually comment on my kids. Life is going by so quickly and at such a hectic pace that taking a shower is impressive, let alone posting an update on the daily lives of our children!

Eliza is beautiful, fat, and lots of fun. She is incredibly happy the majority of her life. She sleeps through the night, talks to you, grabs and plays with toys, and smiles all the time. She loves to stand, and is incredibly social as long as she can see. Overall, she is happy. She does have female opinions though, and she never fails to let you know them. She is not okay with you picking at her in anyway or sitting in her own poo (I mean....honestly who should be?) She captured the hearts of Nanny and George this weekend. She is also doing so much better in terms of allergies! Going to our allergist/acupuncturist and time have created a baby that lets her mama eat whatever she wants!

Sam the ham. That is what my Dad called him, and it seems to fit quite well. He is still all out in terms of discipline, but he is so much fun. He is in all the pictures and always has a big goofy grin on his face. If he thinks it will make you laugh, he'll do something over and over and over and over again! He loves life and lives it to the fullest. He is literal in all senses of the word, and he sees life in black and white. He still has a couple funny little sayings, like "by my own," but for the most part he speaks pretty normally. But he isn't so good at pronouncing "l"s. So Eliza name sounds like, "wiza". Which reminds me, he also has an incredible wit. He has named his baby sister Cry-za and runs around calling her such. I can't believe he will be 3 in a little over a month!

Steven is just as sensitive as ever. He LOVES to flatter, which is the funniest thing he does currently. After the second day of Vacation Bible School, when I picked him up, the teacher informed me that he had been "kissing" the girls. I was HORRIFIED! We had a long discussion about only kissing girls in our family. So now he's really planting them on Eliza! We are also a part of a church plant (so it is VERY small) and a new family came on Sunday. In the car on the way home he said, "I like Kate, she's pretty." Insert jaw drop by mother and smirk by father. Looks like there is another discussion to be had, Daddy! Other than that, he is doing quite well. We are doing some slight work on reading, drawing, cutting, etc. His newest major accomplishment is learning to pump on a swing. On Sunday he was swinging so high that the swing would bounce at the top, shouting while he pumped, "NO ONE HAS TO START ME, NO ONE HAS TO START ME" over and over again.

Just writing this post brings a smile to my face. What fun children are. Constant work, lots of trying moments, but LOTS of fun. I am so blessed to be able to be at home with mine and even though I forget it at times, I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world.


1 comment:

Beth said...

LOVE hearing about your kiddies!!! Brings a smile to my face. Your little Sam does sound like quite a ham (sorry, that did rhyme, but not on purpose), would love to meet him one of these days--"Cry-za"--hilarious! :)