Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

13 Days...

Not that I'm counting....

So today can be summarized by a quick story. It started like any other day-I got up as my husband was about to leave, helped him put together his lunch, and got my son out of bed. We read some stories as he ate a banana and drank his milk. Eventually we make it to the breakfast table, where he insists on sitting in an adult chair rather than his high chair for breakfast....fine. We clean the breakfast dishes and prepare to leave the house by packing bags, sippy cups, snacks...you get the drill. We finally make it to the car 5 minutes after our supposed arrival time and head out of the house. This particular day it's raining, so we are headed to the mall. Yes, I know what you're thinking...and I thought it too....I never thought I would be the mom that goes to the mall with her child, but lo and behold it has happened. I'm not quite to the mini-van, but we do walk the mall and play at the food court playground. And my son loves it. As I'm walking to the play area with two of my good friends and their children, one of them tries to put my tag back in my shirt. I hear her chuckle, and say...."um..Courtney, your shirt is on inside out." How does this happen? How can you be up for a solid 3 hours living your life and never notice that you are wearing your shirt inside out? I suppose that this is the life of a woman who is tired, about to give birth in 2 weeks, and is chasing a toddler. It worked out perfectly though, because as any good mom would, my shirt was already covered with my son's snacks....so I got to start anew on the stain department with a simple flip. Nice.

On another train of thought, I have my amnioscenthesis test in 13 days...and assuming all goes well, should have my new baby in my arms that afternoon. The suspense of the gender is killing me, not to mention the back aches, the itching, and the never sleeping. So needless to say I am so ready for this to happen. Not quite sure I'm ready for the baby, but there really is no turning back as far as that goes. I also am not ready to look at something so tiny and funny looking and be convinced that it is adorable. I mean....looking back at pictures of my son, who I thought was perfect at the time, he really was quite funny lookin. I expect nothing different from this one. Here are some pictures of Steven Edward when he was born....see for yourself.

Since he was 6 weeks early he was crazy tiny....this blue outfit was a premie outfit my mom picked up for the way home!













Look at all those wrinkles and arm hair! Funny lookin'.






But no matter what he looked like....I loved him and I thought he was beautiful.


2 comments:

Beth said...

And you will think this next one is just as beautiful. You won't be able to imagine the thoughts you're having right now. You will look at that tiny little body and practically smother him/her in kisses!

And, I TOLD you about the mall, didn't I? Look who's eating her words ;)

Love you, beth

I almost called when I read this, realized it was 11:30pm your time, and decided to let you sleep, even though I doubt you're doing much sleeping these days.

Anonymous said...

I love it when you guys post on each other's blogs. It makes me feel like we're having a conversation with the three of us (well, you two are talking, I'm just listening--and that makes me happy.) By the way Beth, I'm so glad you made the pumpkin bread! Mary and I are making it this week to bring into her class for snack.
Miss you guys.

colleen