Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Monday, October 27, 2008

Tantrums, Cuddles, and Coral Onesies

My last 36 hours at home has been filled with cuddles from both boys. Even though Steven Edward is testing his limits, he still wants to cuddle a lot which is good for my heart right now. Here is a picture of Samuel doing what he does best.....sleeping. You may think it funny that he is wearing an outfit that might appear pink, but never fear it's Coral. What was Gerber thinking? It came in a newborn boy pack of sleepers.....and it was sandwiched between two blue ones so you didn't quite notice the contrast until you got it out at home. It even has trucks on it....I mean really. I have put a pink monkey beside Sam so that you can see the OBVIOUS difference in colors. My husband has forbid him to leave the house in it...but he never said anything about our blog!


We are officially home and doing well. The first night after getting home was a little hard, I was tired and Steven Edward had a difficult time. He would cling to my legs and cry because I couldn't pick him up. He also took up a new past time of hitting while he played. He hasn't seemed to take any of his frustration out on Samuel though and overall he is doing really well. He has been a bit more whiny and wants lots of attention, and I assume this will get worse in a week or so once everyone is gone. But I am feeling good enough to let him sit on my lap and read, and even get down in the floor to play with him. This has helped a lot. I am practically off of pain killers other than Advil, and other than getting tired pretty easily, I feel like I am recovering very well. Samuel pretty much just sleeps and eats. I often forget I have another son, which is helpful when Steven Edward needs so much of my attention. It's just another way you can see God's master plan. He brings them into your life when they don't need but so much attention and they gradually demand more and more. Sleeping is SO much easier than it was when I was pregnant, but I'm not getting a lot of it. We'll see how life is once I'm here alone and no longer have the help of my amazing mother and mother in law!

Thank you all so much for your love, support, and prayers. God has once again proven his faithfulness and has showered us with goodness that can never be earned or deserved. Praise the Lord for the healthy arrival of Sam and the support that we have received from all of you.

2 comments:

The Cornwalls said...

ahh the joys of having two! i love you and i can't wait to meet samuel!

The Rejzer Family said...

I am with Steven---he can't wear that out! Also, don't forget that when the mothers leave, you have a great support system with lots of people who love you and are willing to help out wherever needed. I've been there . . . I understand that it takes a "village".