Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Samuel Andrew




Well-even a planned C-Section can become an event evidently if you're me. After getting my amniocentesis (why is it that when something is going to hurt all doctors just say....a little pressure) I went into something pretty close to active labor....contractions 3 minutes apart where I couldn't really talk in the middle. So off they send me to the hospital, where once hooked up to a monitor they had a 5 minute heart deceleration where the baby was at 60 beats per minute.....so my scheduled 2:00pm C-Section suddenly was bumped up, and the results of the amnio were no longer relevant!

Oh to be normal.

Either way God is so good to us, and at 2:11 on October 22, Samuel Andrew entered the world.
He was born 6 pounds 12 ounces, 19 1/4 inches long. We are both safe and healthy....and due to percoset and a wireless connection at the hospital, I am even able to post on this blog. Nice.

Samuel bears striking resemblance to Steven Edward at birth- and they both seem slightly akin to a troll or wrinkled old man - either of which you can use the word cute for. Here are some pictures.... Enjoy.













This is me...laying in bed half asleep. They weighed me after this and I had only lost 2 pounds. Is that even possible? I blame it on the fluids they were pumping into my body.


Striking Resemblance


On the left - Steven Edward....on the right Samuel


On the left - Steven Edward.....on the right Samuel.

I personally think it's their nose everything below it. It looks exactly the same! Samuel has lighter (and less) hair than Steven had and his side burns are less pronounced.

There were a few confused moments in the beginning....due to miscommunication, his name was announced Samuel Anderson instead of Samuel Andrew....and the doctor also told the families that he had red hair. This spread like wild-fire. Not so much. Either way I assume his hair will fall out so who knows what color it will come back!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRRRRRATULATIONS!

I am so excited for you - and yes, he looks just like Steven Edward. Can't wait to see you all!


Millie

Rob And Son said...

Yippee! Two sweet boys, we are so glad to hear all went well~ we love the pics of Steven meeting his new brother!
Congrats, those two boys sure are lucky!

Jan said...

Striking resemblance between you and Samuel in that one photo...looks like you both went through some trauma.:) God is good.

Beth said...

Oh, Courtney and Steven!!!!!!! I am SO excited for you, and welcome to Samuel Andrew!! He is so precious and I'm so jealous that I can't hold him. I love the picture of little Steven looking at his baby brother. And, what an awful thing to actually weigh a mother who just gave birth. That's almost as bad as telling a mother to walk down 2 flights of stairs, in her gown, to go get an x-ray about 4 hours after giving birth!

Praise GOD for save, timely baby. I've been praying so much for you and him, too, and Steven (daddy) as well. We love you all!!

Email me when I can call you, it's ok if it's awhile.

love, beth

Tripp said...

Congratulations Courtney & Steven!! I'm praying for you and all the adjustments to becoming a family of four. Enjoy every minute of it...they grow up so fast!

Love you,

Heather

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to have him this past Wednesday. I was at work, but I thought about you a lot throughout the day wondering what would come of your appointment & whether you would have him that day or have to wait another week. He is precious & I am so excited for your whole family! Know that I have been thinking of you often & following your blog!

Love,
Sarah May Leech

The Usserys said...

Congratulations! So happy for a healthy arrival for you and Samuel. Hooray for another member of the Moms with 2 Sons and therefore Increased Levels of Insanity Club!!!:) Brothers are boss. Get ready for the fun:)

Kelly said...

congrats Courtney!! Your boys are precious! I found your blog on Ashley and Elvis's page... I loved the two Halloween costumes too:) so cute!!