Hebrews 11:6

"...for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

typical

typical

Friday, October 17, 2008

Pregnancy Update



So, I'm 35 weeks and a couple days and here is one of my few belly shots that you'll see. Overall pregnancy is hard for me so I'm not gung ho on taking tons of pictures as a reminder.

The past week has been very hard for me in a few ways. First I have been incredibly uncomfortable in terms of itching and my emotions, which made me suspect that my liver counts and bile acids were rising. I went to one of my last Doctor's visits today and the blood work showed that my counts were about as high as they were when they originally discovered my condition. This makes me VERY uncomfortable physically and is not ideal for the baby. My doctor didn't think it would be wise to up the dose of my medicine (which could lower my counts) because I am already on a "pretty high dosage" as it is.

This coming Wednesday (October 22nd) I will go in the morning to get an amniocentesis test, where they will check to see if the baby's lungs are developed. If they are, I will have a C-Section later that day. If they are not, they will push my C-Section back until October 29th. This is the second thing that has been hard for me....trying to let myself accept that Wednesday may not be the end point. I am very uncomfortable, nervous, and quite tired of this entire situation and I very much want it to be over. I write all this so that you may stop and pray.....please pray that the Lord will continue to protect the health of the baby and that the lungs will be ready by Wednesday so that I won't have to go through this much longer. I am physically and emotionally tired. Thanks for praying.

1 comment:

Kathleen Moore said...

tomorrow!! tomorrow! i can't believe it's already here!!